Harvard University Center for Renaissance Studies
1980-1989: Hebrew University, B.A. [Cum Laude], M.A. [Summa Cum Laude], Jewish medieval history.
1990-1996: Ph.D. degree, Title: "The Marriage Ritual of Jewish-Italian Society during The Early Modern Time. A Chapter in Social History and History of Mentality" (advisor: Prof. Roberto Bonfil).
Recapiti postali e telefonici:
24 Megadim St., 96185 Jerusalem - Israel
TEMI DI RICERCA
The Marriage Ritual of Jewish-Italian Society during The Early Modern Time; Jewish-Italian Society during late Middle Ages and Early Modern Period; Social History and History of Mentality of Jewish Italian Communities.
- 'Childhood, Adolescence, and Growing-up in the Jewish Community in Italy during the Late Middle Ages', [in Hebrew], Italia 11(1995), pp. 77-98.
- 'Impotence and the Preservation of the Family in Jewish-Italian Communities during the Early Modern Period', in: I. Bartal & I. Gafni (eds.), Sexuality and the Family in History, Jerusalem 1998, pp. 159-176.
- 'Rituel du mariage et culture des jeunes dans la société Judéo-Italienne 16e-17e siècles', Annales. Histoire Sciences Sociales 53,3(1998), pp. 455-479.
- 'The Jewish Ghetto in Relation to Urban Quarters in Italian Cities during the Early Modern Time - Similarity and Differences', in: Zemanim, 67 (Summer 1999), pp. 12-21 [in Hebrew].
- ' "The Honorable Death is better than A Shameful Life": Honor Ethos, Family Life and Community Control in Jewish-Italian Society during late Middle Ages and Early Modern Period', in: Proceedings of the World Congress of Jewish Research, 12,B(2000), pp. 111-125 [in Hebrew].
- ' "Segregatos non autem eiectos" (Segregated yet not Ejected): Jews and Christians in Italian Cities during the Catholic Reformation', in: Shulamit Volkov (ed.), Being Different: Minorities, Aliens and Outsiders in History, Jerusalem 2000, pp. 93-132.
- 'What did little Samuel read in his Notebook. Jewish Education in Italy during the Catholic Reformation Period', in: Italia 15 (2001) [forthcoming, in Hebrew].
- 'Kabbalah and Jewish Exorcism in Seventeenth Century Jewish-Italian Communities: The Case of Rabbi Moses Zaccuto', in: M. Goldish (ed.), [forthcoming in the U.S., in a comparative work about possession].
- 'Jewish Youth in Italian Communities: The European Early Modern Perspective', in: K. Eisenbichler (ed.), Youth in Early Modern Europe, [forthcoming in 2001].
- 'Jewish-Italian Communities during Late Renaissance and Early Modern Period: An Anthropological Perspective', [forthcoming in Germany, in three volume encyclopedia devoted to Jewish history].
- ' "More Precious than Wisdom and Honor is Some Stupidity": Gambling, Halacha and Rhetorics in the Works of Rabbi Yehudah Arie of Modena', in D. Malkiel (ed.), [forthcoming in Yad Ben-Zvi].