PhD Candidate, Chaim Rosenberg School of Jewish Studies, Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 2015.
Research Fellow at the Italian National Council for Research (CNR), Institute of Computational Linguistics “AntonioZampolli”, Pisa, Italy, 2013-2014.
M.A., Magna Cum Laude, Talmud and Ancient Jewish Literature, Department of Hebrew Culture, Lester and Sally Entin Faculty of Humanities, Tel Aviv University, Israel, 2011.
B.A., Summa Cum Laude, History and Culture of the East and Mediterranean from Antiquity to the Modern Era (Literature and Philosophy), University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy, 2007.
TEMI DI RICERCA
Late Antique and Medieval Jewish history; Jewish magical, divinatory, astrological and medical traditions; Cairo Genizah; Rabbinic Literature; Semitic Languages and Philology.
- “A Genizah finished product for She’elat Ḥalom based on Sefer Ha-Razim,” Journal of Jewish Studies, forthcoming.
- “Oneiric Aggressive Magic: Sleep Disorders in Late Antique Jewish Tradition,” in Siam Bhayro and Catherine Rider, eds., Demons and Illness from Late Antiquity to the Early Modern Period, Series of Studies in Ancient Magic, (Brill: Leiden, 2015) forthcoming.
- (with Gideon Bohak), “The Greek Prayer to Helios in Sepher Ha-Razim, in Light of New Textual Evidence,” in the Proceedings of the Conference "Cultural Plurality" (Heidelberg, 2014), Orientalische Religionen in der Antike, (Mohr Siebeck: Tübingen, 2015) forthcoming.
- “A Dream Request for Ṣedaqah ben Maqmalyah: Mosseri VI.5,” Cambridge University Library. Fragment of the Month: December 2014, http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/Taylor-Schechter/fotm/december-2014/index.html
- (with Andrea Bellandi), “Towards a Translation Platform as a Bridge between Ancient and Modern Languages” in Greek into Arabic. Philosophical Concepts and Linguistic Bridges: Digital Texts, Translations, Lexicons in the Web, ed. Andrea Bozzi, Biblioteca dell’ "Archivum Romanicum," Serie I: Storia, Letteratura, Paleografia (Leo S. Olschki: Firenze, 2015) forthcoming.
- (with Andrea Belland, Giulia Benotto, Amedeo Cappelli, Emiliano Giovannetti and Simone Marchi), “Towards a Decision Support System for Text Intepretation,” in the Proceedings of CLIC-it 2014, http://clic.humnet.unipi.it/proceedings/Proceedings-CLICit-2014.pdf
- (with Andrea Bellandi, Davide Albanesi, Andrea Bozzi and Emiliano Giovannetti), “The Talmud System: a Collaborative Web Application for the Translation of the Babylonian Talmud into Italian,” in the Proceedings of CLIC-it 2014, http://clic.humnet.unipi.it/proceedings/Proceedings-CLICit-2014.pdf
- (with Andrea Bellandi and Emiliano Giovannetti), “Computer Assisted Translation of Ancient Texts: the Babylonian Talmud Case Study,” in the Proceedings of the 11th International Workshop on Natural Language Processing and Cognitive Science (Venice, 2014) (De Gruyter: Berlin, 2015), http://www.degruyter.com/view/product/431775?rskey=ANKdTF&result=1
- (with Andrea Bellandi, Emiliano Giovannetti and Amedeo Cappelli, “Graphic Visualization in Literary Text Interpretation,” ed. Ebad Banissi, et. al., Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Information Visualization, IV 2014 (Paris, July 2014), (IEEE Computer Society, 2014), http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6902939
- (with Andrea Bellandi, Emiliano Giovannetti and Enrico Carniani), “Content Elicitation: Towards a New Paradigm for the Analysis and Interpretation of Text,” in Mohamed H. Hamza, ed., Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Informatics, February 17-19, 2014, Innsbruk, Austria, a publication of the International Association for Science and Technology for Development, Calgary (Alberta)-Anaheim (CA), 2014, http://www.actapress.com/Abstract.aspx?paperId=455885